Friday, May 29, 2020

May 29, 2020

Dear Dale Street Families,


I hope you and your families are well and staying healthy and safe.  It is definitely starting to feel more like summer.  As we close out the month of May, I continue to be impressed with the effort, work, and resolve your children are displaying on a regular basis.  I applaud all of them and you for your resiliency and dedication.  Thank you all for your continued support.  If you need anything, please reach out to me at sgrenham@email.medfield.net

Today, students in Ms. MacDonnell's fourth-grade class worked on conversions during a math workshop Zoom.  Thanks to Mrs. Perachi and Mrs. Nee for running breakout rooms. 



If you purchased a yearbook, it will be mailed to your home within the first two weeks of June.  In some circumstances, some yearbooks may be delivered to the school.  If that is the case, Mrs. Gobin or Mrs. Infantino will contact you to arrange a pick-up time.  We are putting together plans for a virtual Grade 5 celebration. We will keep you updated.


Grade 5 - If anyone wants to order a non-custom book, please see this flyer with information to do so.  The total with tax and shipping is around $34.00.  Anyone who ordered before the deadline had no or reduced shipping, which is why it is more expensive after the deadline.  There is no time limit on ordering.




Please see this flyer for a yoga offering also this weekend.
Each school day, I place a student challenge of the day on my learning deck slide.  This week students had the opportunity to share a SuperPower they would select, see how many words they could create from a Boggle board, and share where and why they would travel.   

My superpower would be flight because one of the pet peeves I've always had was to not be able to see and analyze everything at once. So if I could fly, I would fly into the air and look down on everything. Also, it would be fun to just hang out on a ceiling. ~Vivien 

If I could have any superpower it would be the power to heal people. I would want my superpower to be healing people because then I could go around the world and heal and cure everyone who has COVID-19! ~Cara

My superpower would either be shape-shifting or transportation. I would like to be able to shape-shift because it would be cool to not only be able to blend in with my surroundings but to become my surroundings, and I would be amazing at hide-and-seek. Haha! I would also want to have the power of transportation because it would be so much easier than riding in a car or going on a plane to get to places. It would be awesome! ~Grace

I would want to have a heal and fixing power so that I could help more people when they are hurt and I could fix things really easily too. ~Leeanne



 If I could take a trip anywhere it would be to Spain because I want to see my uncle and aunt and we were supposed to go this summer but the trip was canceled. ~Cara

I would go to Florida. I would go there because it seems really fun. I have also always wanted to go to Florida and see alligators. ~Charlie 


 I would go to Disney World because it is the most magical place on earth. ~Liam 


Class of 2020 Celebration - Rolling Rally

Help celebrate the success of our graduating MHS seniors by participating in the May 31st Rolling Rally.  Click here for details.

Again this year, we are partnering with 1st Day School Supplies to get all your supplies for your student for next school year.  The teachers have given us the supply list for each grade and 1st Day School Supplies will assemble and deliver them for your child. Sign up now so you don't have to worry about where or how to get the exact supplies you need.  All name brand supplies will be packaged individually for your student and shipped to the school.  Depending on what the schools decide to do upon re-opening, kits will either be located in their classrooms or we will arrange a time for you to come pick up your kit.
Given the new normal we are all experiencing in regards to shopping for supplies, this is an even more available service provided by the K-5 PTO to keep everyone safe and your stress low.

Sign up now.  Sale closes June 19th!
Enter Medfield's zip code and select your school.



We are so excited to announce that FIELD DAY will be held on Friday, June 12th. This will be a K-5 field day event with all schools holding their virtual field days on the same date. If you have children in more than one building, we encourage you to pick and choose which events from each school will work for your age groups and have fun participating in. Please select the way that works best for you and your family. Ms. Laughna and Mrs. Nawrocki wanted to give you time to prepare so below is a list of suggested equipment that you will need for the Dale Street events. Dale Street will have 10 different events with children selecting at least 5 to participate in. Children can do more or all of the activities if they want! Directions for each game will be shared the week of Field Day. We are looking forward to a fantastic day!




Thank you to all who showed spirit today by dressing in tie-dye or bright colors to celebrate National Peacekeeper Day.  Here are a few who uploaded a picture on Padlet.





I hope everyone has the chance to enjoy the weekend,
Steve

Respect • Compassion • Collaboration • Continuous Growth

No comments:

Post a Comment